What can I expect from our camp?
Every summer, CYT Chicago offers one-week theater arts camps for children ages 5–18. These week-long camps are held throughout the Chicagoland and Milwaukee areas. On the final day of the camp week, students will display a portion of what they've learned by participating in a showcase for family and friends. It’s a week filled with learning new skills and meeting new friends.
Do I need to have prior theatrical experience?
No. We can teach you everything you need to know!
Who receives email communication through the website?
The primary email contact listed in your family account will receive the emails.
What if my child doesn’t know anyone?
Many of our students are new to CYT. We foster a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere where kids will meet many new friends.
What should my child wear to camp?
We encourage comfortable dance and play-friendly clothing each day. Please encourage your child to wear closed-toed shoes with a back of some kind (please no flip flops or open-toed shoes).
How do you handle allergies?
Please let us know of any allergies when you register online. Our staff will be alerted to the allergy and maintain a high level of awareness.
Is there a nurse on staff?
We do not have a nurse on staff. However, each location has a Camp Coordinator that oversees the administration of the camp and will take care of any first aid needs.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Can I sign up on the first day of camp?
- In the rare case of a canceled camp:
- Registrants will receive a full refund or can choose to switch enrollment to a different camp free of charge.
- If the registrant chooses to switch to a camp that is in a different week, there will still be no charge to move registration to a different camp. However, the original week cancellation date will apply when determining refunds if the registrant cancels attendance at the newly chosen camp.
- Camp enrollments that are canceled by the registrant:
- No refund will be given to registrants that cancel less than two weeks prior to the start of camp.
- If the registrant cancels their camp enrollment by the Monday two weeks prior to the start of the scheduled camp, a full refund minus a processing fee of $25 will be given.
- There will be no charge to move registration to a different camp. However, original week cancellation date will apply when determining refunds if registrant cancels attendance at the newly chosen camp.
- Tuition cannot be transferred to a later session (i.e. Fall Class).
- CYT reserves the right to deny or terminate participation for behavioral issues with no refund.
- No refunds will be issued for missed partial or full days of camp. We do not prorate.0
All of our registration is done online, so please check our website for availability. Many of our camps fill up quickly so we encourage early registration.