These safety measures have been implemented to be in line with the recommended guidelines from the CDC, federal, and local governments.
- Staff will disinfect all commonly used spaces before and after each class.
- When students arrive for class, they will go straight to their classroom.
- Teachers will facilitate social distancing with either taped boxes on the floor, chairs, or by simply placing students in separate areas of the room.
- COVID screening questions will be asked of every student/ parent and staff before entering the building for classes.
- Have you or anyone in your family had these symptoms in the last day?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Masks will be worn at all times by staff and students.
- If extra distance can be achieved, then singing can happen in class, but masks must still be worn.
- Face shields may not be worn in place of a mask, but may be worn in addition to a mask.
No Class Snack Time:
- There will be no communal break time during classes.
- We will not be selling snacks or water bottles.
- Students may bring a water bottle from home to enjoy during their class’s break time.
- No water fountains may be used at any class location, but students may use fountains that are designed for touchless water bottle refills.
- Since there is no 15 minute break time, classes will last 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Teachers are not required to end their session with a showcase performance. Classes in this session will have a heavier focus on the learning process and less on the final product.
If Classes must transition online:
- Teachers who are able, will complete their class online.
- If transition to online is not available, the student can choose a substitute class from online options. A list of available classes to choose from will be made available to those families at that time.
- Due to programming costs, we are unable to provide refunds outside of our standard policy. Thank you for understanding!
- We are offering a selection of online classes for the whole 10 week session.
- These classes will ONLY be taught online and will be open to all 10 chapters.
- Search by online in the search engine at www.cytchicago/classes/ to find these options.