Guidelines & Information
In order to maintain a safe environment for the members of CYT and their host camp locations, we commit to the following practices:
- CYT COVID guidelines follow local, state, and facility guidelines. As this changes with each camp location, please check with your Camp Coordinator for specific guidelines. Where there are no facility restrictions, our policy is that if you are not fully vaccinated, masks are recommended.
- A limited camp size. In order to make sure we have proper distances between campers, we will work with each facility to set a maximum amount of registrants per local guidelines.
- CYT Staff will be symptom free and adhere to all guidelines notated in this document.
- When outside and socially distanced, masks will be optional, per local guidelines.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Drop off and pick up will be outside. Campers will check-in with the staff of their team color.
- Once in the building campers will stay within their designated group. Whenever possible, staff will rotate to the groups as to keep campers in one place.
DAILY COVID SCREENING
As with any illness, please do not send your camper with any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
Anyone with any of the symptoms listed above must receive a negative COVID-19 test to return to camp. If camper or staffer receive a positive test, they must quarantine for 10 days from exposure or symptoms and must be gone for 72 hours before returning to camp.
CHOREOGRAPHY & BLOCKING
- Blocking of scenes must allow for physical distancing
- Campers may not be physically connected during scenes. This includes the restriction of hugging, hand holding, partner dancing, and any other physical contact.
- Choreography must allow for physical distancing
- Dancers may not be physically connected while dancing. This includes the restriction of kick lines, partner dancing, etc.
- Formations must allow for 6 feet of physical distancing.
Vocals will follow the same physical distancing guidelines as above.
LUNCH AT CAMP
Campers will need to bring their own food and sit physically distanced while they eat lunch. No food or snacks will be sold or given to campers.
CLEANING & SANITIZATION
- High touch surfaces will be sanitized every 2 hours and before and after every group rotation.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the camp location and campers will be encouraged to use it often.
- All garbage bags will be changed at the end of each day and all high touch surfaces will be sanitized.
CYT Plan for Exposure Summer 2021
Per CDC guidelines, close contact for COVID-19 exposure is defined as:
- Within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more of someone who is COVID positive OR
- Exposed to a COVID symptomatic or COVID positive person’s spittle or aerosol spray (from coughing, sneezing, etc.)
If participant is exposed to COVID19 before or during the week of camp, per CDC guidelines:
- Wait 7 days from exposure and if you have a negative test you are permitted to attend camp.
- If you choose to not be tested, wait for 10 days for symptoms to surface. If no symptoms surface, you are permitted to attend camp.
If exposure doesn’t allow your participation in camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org