These safety measures have been implemented to be in line with the recommended guidelines from the CDC, federal, and local governments.
- Staff will disinfect all commonly used spaces before and after each class.
- When students arrive for class, they will go straight to their classroom.
- Teachers will facilitate social distancing with either taped boxes on the floor, chairs, or by simply placing students in separate areas of the room.
- COVID screening questions will be asked of every student/ parent and staff before entering the building for classes.
- Have you or anyone in your family had these symptoms in the last day?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Masks will be worn at all times by staff and students.
- If extra distance can be achieved, then singing can happen in class, but masks must still be worn.
- Face shields may not be worn in place of a mask, but may be worn in addition to a mask.
No Class Snack Time:
- There will be no communal break time during classes.
- We will not be selling snacks or water bottles.
- Students may bring a water bottle from home to enjoy during their class’s break time.
- No water fountains may be used at any class location, but students may use fountains that are designed for touchless water bottle refills.
- Since there is no 15 minute break time, classes will last 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Teachers are not required to end their session with a showcase performance. Classes in the Fall session will have a heavier focus on the learning process and less on the final product.
If Fall Classes must transition online:
- IF classes have to transition to online during the fall, teachers have the option to continue or stop their participation in class. Please check your student’s class description on our website to learn whether or not their class will continue online if in-person classes are cancelled.
- If your student’s teacher does not intend on continuing online, you will have the opportunity to join a different online class from a list of optional courses.
- We are offering a selection of online classes for the whole 10 week session.
- These classes will ONLY be taught online and will be open to all 10 chapters.
- The majority of our online-only classes are running on Wednesday evenings and these classes are open to all CYT Chicago chapters.
- Some chapters are also offering online-only classes for their chapter on their class night.